Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: MP3 files (bandcamp) not playing on squeezlite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!
I am new to LMS, I have the following setup:
- LMS on snakeoil (ubuntu on x86) - server only
- Sqeezelite on snakeoil (raspbian on Pi4) - streamer/transport.
I just add the bandcamp plugin, but seems like this combo (LMS+squeezelite) is not able to play mp3 files.
Anyone knows what could be the problem?
Thank you!
(26-Jun-2023, 09:52 PM)razvan.catinas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!
I am new to LMS, I have the following setup:
- LMS on snakeoil (ubuntu on x86) - server only
- Sqeezelite on snakeoil (raspbian on Pi4) - streamer/transport.
I just add the bandcamp plugin, but seems like this combo (LMS+squeezelite) is not able to play mp3 files.
Anyone knows what could be the problem?
Thank you!

SSH to your computer, and run the following, what's the results?

Code:
sudo dpkg -l|grep libmad
I didn't had that package on the server and on the streamer.
I installed on both:
- server:
root@vm-test:~# dpkg -l|grep libmad
ii  libmad0:amd64                         0.15.1b-10ubuntu1                       amd64        MPEG audio decoder library
root@vm-test:~#

- streamer:
root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg -l|grep libmad
ii  libmad0:armhf                        0.15.1b-10                       armhf        MPEG audio decoder library
root@raspberrypi:~#

But still I am not abble to play MP3 files.

On the server log, I get this kind of meassges:
"[23-06-28 10:13:42.9232] Slim:Tonguelayer::Song::open (424) Error: Couldn't create command line for mp3 playback for [https://...."
Think Can install lame on the server running LMS?

Code:
sudo apt install lame

Restart the computer for safe measure, does it work then? If not, can you bump up the logging of your LMS and send me the logs? New Snakeoil is via installer method and no longer have a default LMS setup... It's been so long since I configured MP3 playback now I can't remember how mp3 work  [Image: confused.gif]
I am also experiencing this problem (mp3 not playing). see https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/thread-754.html

Don't have any answers sorry but can offer some empathy and reassurance that you may not be going crazy !
(13-Jul-2023, 12:16 PM)davem Wrote: [ -> ]I am also experiencing this problem (mp3 not playing). see https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/thread-754.html

Don't have any answers sorry but can offer some empathy and reassurance that you may not be going crazy !OI
I've setup a fresh minimal install of Ubuntu server 22.04 LTS. Ran the 1.2.6 installer and then updated to 1.2.12. MP3 playback works.

Unsure about Bandcamp though. @razvan.catinas, I am assuming you have already filled in your login details in LMS (Advanced->Bandcamp)?
This isn't the answer to the OP's original question, but it should be possible to download FLAC copies from Bandcamp and play those happily through SO/LMS/Squeezelite. You'll get much better SQ, too, which is why we all use SO.
(03-Aug-2023, 03:05 AM)uglymusic Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't the answer to the OP's original question, but it should be possible to download FLAC copies from Bandcamp and play those happily through SO/LMS/Squeezelite. You'll get much better SQ, too, which is why we all use SO.

Out of interest, I tried the plugin, too.

I can't stream with it, either.
(28-Jun-2023, 06:16 PM)razvan.catinas Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't had that package on the server and on the streamer.
I installed on both:
- server:
root@vm-test:~# dpkg -l|grep libmad
ii  libmad0:amd64                         0.15.1b-10ubuntu1                       amd64        MPEG audio decoder library
root@vm-test:~#

- streamer:
root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg -l|grep libmad
ii  libmad0:armhf                        0.15.1b-10                       armhf        MPEG audio decoder library
root@raspberrypi:~#

But still I am not abble to play MP3 files.

On the server log, I get this kind of meassges:
"[23-06-28 10:13:42.9232] Slim:Tonguelayer::Song::open (424) Error: Couldn't create command line for mp3 playback for [https://...."
Hi @agent_kith ,
I had the same issue, but fortunately, it started working after installing ffmpeg. However, I'm still unable to play WMA and hi-res FLAC files.
When I try to play a WMA file, I encounter an error message in log: 'Slim:Tonguelayer::Song::open (417) Error: Couldn't create command line for WMA playback for [file: xxx].'
As for the hi-res 192k FLAC file, it appears to play normally with the progress bar moving, and there are no error logs, but there is no sound. When I switch back to MDP, the file plays fine.
Any idea?