Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Announcing Snakeoil Measurements 1.3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@agent_kith I know you are busy, but you should release 1.3.1 with bug fixes as a priority and NO new features.  1.3.1 should, at minimum, run Mpd and LMS/Squeezelite on both X86 Ubuntu and Pi Bookworm with no bugs.  Does not look good when I suggest SO 1.3 on SNA, and then having having to apologise for the bugs.
@agent_kith please help to fix the cpuset have no running tasks in User issue. Or upgrade to the new cgroup feature. Thanks and SnakeOil is awesome. [Image: admire2.gif]
(25-Feb-2024, 10:40 AM)nathanch Wrote: [ -> ]@agent_kith please help to fix the cpuset have no running tasks in User issue. Or upgrade to the new cgroup feature. Thanks and SnakeOil is awesome. [Image: admire2.gif]

Can you please provide more details e.g. hardware. operating system, player etc. When was it last working?

I am using CPUsets with no problems.
(25-Feb-2024, 10:40 AM)nathanch Wrote: [ -> ]@agent_kith please help to fix the cpuset have no running tasks in User issue. Or upgrade to the new cgroup feature. Thanks and SnakeOil is awesome. [Image: admire2.gif]

Are you running Roon server or Roon bridge in SO?  If so, there is no running tasks in User group.
(17-Feb-2024, 11:29 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]@agent_kith I know you are busy, but you should release 1.3.1 with bug fixes as a priority and NO new features.  1.3.1 should, at minimum, run Mpd and LMS/Squeezelite on both X86 Ubuntu and Pi Bookworm with no bugs.  Does not look good when I suggest SO 1.3 on SNA, and then having having to apologise for the bugs.
I'm overseas at the moment. with very limited computing resources. Having said that, I'll try my best and get something up. Might need you guys to help test the software though.

Stay tuned.
@agent_kith 
I have used this superb software for a long time and it works very well with JRiver 28 on Snakeoil 1.2.13.
But when I updated to Snakeoil 1.3.0, JRiver MC 28 status is showing a red flashing X.

Logfile:

PHP Code:
**** 2024-05-19T10:18:17
**** JRiver MC 28

Starting VNC Server
Start Player
cd /var/www;  /var/www/players/MediaCenter28/init /var/www/players/MediaCenter28 2>&1;/usr/bin/vncserver -localhost no 2>&1;
Cleaning stale pidfile '/root/.vnc/snake-nuc:5901.pid'!

New 
Xtigervnc server 'snake-nuc:1 (root)' on port 5901 for display :1.
Use xtigervncviewer -SecurityTypes VncAuth,TLSVnc -passwd /root/.vnc/passwd snake-nuc:1 to connect to the VNC server

However it' still possible to access JRiver in VNC and it play fine.

I then try to update to JRiver 32, but it's not supported, does not show up in available music software (expert).
Please add support for JRiver 32 Thanks .

PS JRiver has announced that they will drop support for older JRiver versions (28 and below), it's still unclear exactly what functionality that will stop working. Just playing local files will hopefully continue to work, but you never know Undecided . That's why I what to be prepared and move to JRiver 32.

HW
Intel NUC NUC5PPYH (CPU: Intel N3700, RAM: 8GB, SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 128GB).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10