Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Next Generation Snakeoil Early Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(19-Jun-2017, 12:59 AM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-Jun-2017, 03:38 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Remember to do a reboot. Once you're on 0.8.5, please let me know if you still have problems with priority settings not applied after a reboot. Thumbs Up

Problems still exist
After reboot priority not set
That's interesting, it's implying the USB port at IRQ 18 isn't available at the time the priority is set.

Is that an internal USB port, or an external one? I'd have to think about this Think ....
External. On SOtM-USB card.
However, I do not think that the matter is in port availability. I also try to set the priority of the irq/120-eth0 interrupt. This one also works only from the web interface and does not work after reboot. I try four ways:
irq\/120-eth0
irq/120-eth0
120-eth0
eth0
All four work only from the web-interface and do not work after rebooting.
(19-Jun-2017, 02:18 PM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]External. On SOtM-USB card.
However, I do not think that the matter is in port availability.

It's not really port availability. Seems snakeoil-rest starts running before all your devices (with virtual IRQs) are ready. i.e. when SnakeoilOS is trying to set these process, your devices still havn't been loaded up by the Linux OS.

i.e. snakeoil-rest is too quick and too efficient Smile. Gotta find a low impact way of slowing down snakeoil-rest and wait for most devices to be online before setting the priority.
0.8.5 fixed the usb media mount Smile

'Remount Partitions' works great !
is this getting close enough now for a non-techie like me to give it a go?
(20-Jun-2017, 04:27 PM)rocl444 Wrote: [ -> ]is this getting close enough now for a non-techie like me to give it a go?
Personally I think it's probably best to wait a while. For non-techies, the best thing is to wait for 1.0.0 Thumbs Up . This preview is still a tad experimental and more prone to errors and bugs Sad .

The good news is I should have more time and energy this week and next to iron out the kinks to make SnakeoilOS more stable. Until then, you can always download the ISO and test it in LiveCD mode, or you can check out the online demo. Just to get a "feel" and prepare yourself what the new SnakeoilOS is going to be like.
And when is sound optimization expected?
(20-Jun-2017, 06:04 PM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]And when is sound optimization expected?
Happening as we speak, but doing stage 1 for now. Once 1.0.0 is released it'd be stage 2: new kernels and plus new snakeoil tweaks.

So far 0.8.4 is better than 0.1.5, but probably still not quite up there with 0.1.4? Let me know if that's not the case, as it's just one system and I need more feedback.
firmware 0.8.6 available on the first post.

On reboot/startup, snakeoil-rest will wait 30 seconds before setting the process priority. The long delay should be more than enough for any process to start and run. If this doesn't then the problem must be something/somewhere else. 

Also added Chinese translations and fix a few bugs. Getting close now to a release candidate now.

[Image: pretty.gif]
Excellent
It works now  :thumbs:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9