Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Next Generation Snakeoil Early Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
New themes for the next preview/beta firmware. Will release the firmware later today as my home Internet connection is too slow to upload the files. Sadly the additional themes are about 5MB each. Two new themes equals to 10MB more space, meaning the firmware file size has ballooned back to the 20MB range.

For now I'd include all themes in the firmware, in the future this will be downloaded from the Internet - reducing the firmware file size.

Once released the preview is considered "feature complete", and I'd give this preview a few days of testing by you guys. And once everything is good, it'd be Snakeoil 1.0.0-RC1 (Release Candidate 1).

[Image: theme_blur.png]

[Image: theme_dark.png]
0.8.7 finally uploaded. Hopefully no bugs with the two additional themes. Let me know if there are any issues (e.g. blank web page and so on).
All good with 0.8.7? Any issues to report?

[Image: confused.gif]
After installing 0.8.7 and rebooting I could not access the web interface.

I could ssh in (but knew not what to do once there...https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.png )

A couple of reboots and it all came right.... I think the problem was having lms running and playing music while doing the update.... why I did that I do not know...:-)

Otherwise it is all good !
(27-Jun-2017, 06:15 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of reboots and it all came right.... I think the problem was having lms running and playing music while doing the update.... why I did that I do not know...:-)
Aha, thanks for that. Great catch. I think I know why it's doing that, if LMS or Squeezelite is running, restarting the  service may not work.

I'd do some quick tests to try and recreate that, and device a fix.
(27-Jun-2017, 05:45 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]All good with 0.8.7? Any issues to report?

[Image: confused.gif]

Thumbs Up
Beta is closed. Refer to ISO or firmware thread if have issues.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9