Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Next Generation Snakeoil Early Preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(05-Jun-2017, 11:21 PM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]Not work
Think Back to the drawing board.. Will let you guys know once I figured why it's not doing what it's supposed to be doing..
(06-Jun-2017, 02:25 PM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]I'm ready to do checks
Still at work.. 
Will let you know once I'm home and then find out what's wrong.
0.8.3 beta firmware in the first post of this thread. Download this file, and drag it into the Install box in the System page. Fixed the following:
  • The text "Client: Disabled" is confusing. Changed it to "Not Applicable"
  • LMS has a manual configuration icon to it. Shouldn't be there
  • Snakeoil page - Adding a new priority entry when there are already existing entries will blank everything out
  • Make Priority settings work again
  • Disable console login not working
  • Selecting MPD also started squeezelite. It shouldn't!
  • Activation OK message should not be in red/error
Prioritiy setting now works  Clap
(07-Jun-2017, 01:57 AM)m@jor Wrote: [ -> ]Prioritiy setting now works  Clap

My bad for that. And also Squeezelite will not start with MPD. 

Now just have to figure out some of the MPD issues (e.g. lost database, etc) when I can.
(05-Jun-2017, 09:03 AM)sips Wrote: [ -> ]And there is bug with all MPD -s. Database is gone after changing client. Every time need to press update database in web player. Othervise there is nothing. 
Still going through all the issues, so far I cannot recreate this issue. Did you wait for the database scan to complete before changing players? This is a known issue with MPD, it only creates the database after the scan is complete. So if you quit MPD before scan finish, the database will have no idea.

Can you try again, leave MPD running (can take a hour or so with 50,000 files). And then change the player back and forth and see if it's ok?
Thanks
(04-Jun-2017, 07:26 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Still going through all the issues, so far I cannot recreate this issue. Did you wait for the database scan to complete before changing players? This is a known issue with MPD, it only creates the database after the scan is complete. So if you quit MPD before scan finish, the database will have no idea.

Can you try again, leave MPD running (can take a hour or so with 50,000 files). And then change the player back and forth and see if it's ok?
Thanks

After scan complete database still there. Tested with MPD 20 DSD-RT.  Dont know about that know issue. And also looks like every version of MPD player create own database.
(10-Jun-2017, 06:26 AM)sips Wrote: [ -> ]After scan complete database still there. Tested with MPD 20 DSD-RT.  Dont know about that know issue. And also looks like every version of MPD player create own database.
Known to me, but probably not to the authors? I have around 48,000 songs and always find MPD have that issue, but once the scan is complete it's always fine..

Come to think of it, this is really a bug. I'd see if I can do up a patch and send it to the MPD people. Thumbs Up
Refer to first post for 0.8.4 firmware. Changes:
  • Squeezelite-R2
  • Tweaked the wait prompts after a firmware update or a computer reset
  • Various languages fixes
  • Updated NAA to latest version
WRT to NAA, although it runs, still couldn't get HQPlayer to see it.

[Image: bsod.gif]

If anybody knows how to make this thing work, or ways to troubleshoot this, let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9