Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Snakeoil Firmware - 1.2.7 (Gear Isolation U7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi Keith,

My mpd pc just upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7, but the Status shows "x" from "software" box on "Music Player" page, 1.2.6 also. 1.2.5 just fine.  Think
(04-Sep-2022, 10:29 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]hi Keith,

My mpd pc just upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.7, but the Status shows "x" from "software" box on "Music Player" page, 1.2.6 also. 1.2.5 just fine.  Think
Interesting. Will not be releasing a new update to address this, but I will just release a new MPD module so you can get MPD playing. But before that need to understand what the problem is firs.t

Can you generate a diagnostic file and send it to me? Thanks.
(05-Sep-2022, 08:19 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting. Will not be releasing a new update to address this, but I will just release a new MPD module so you can get MPD playing. But before that need to understand what the problem is firs.t

hkphantomgtr suggests me to fresh install 1.2.6 first, cos my mpd base is old installer (v1.1.x), fresh install 1.2.x hope fix this problem i think... anyway i will send you diagnostic file later.
(05-Sep-2022, 08:56 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-Sep-2022, 08:19 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]

hkphantomgtr suggests me to fresh install 1.2.6 first, cos my mpd base is old installer (v1.1.x), fresh install 1.2.x hope fix this problem i think... anyway i will send you diagnostic file later.

diagnostic file email send, thanks
(05-Sep-2022, 11:33 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]diagnostic file email send, thanks
Thanks.. A bit busy at the moment, I'll have a check later in the week (prob Thurs at the earliest).

As of now, no versions of MPD Is working for you, correct? Do you have a banner saying pulseAudio is installed? What happens when you uninstall Pulse?
(07-Sep-2022, 08:41 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-Sep-2022, 11:33 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]diagnostic file email send, thanks
Thanks.. A bit busy at the moment, I'll have a check later in the week (prob Thurs at the earliest).

As of now, no versions of MPD Is working for you, correct? Do you have a banner saying pulseAudio is installed? What happens when you uninstall Pulse?

Now, I fresh install 1.2.6 and install 1.2.7 FW successfully. Before fresh install, there no shows "pulse audio" bar in 1.2.7 FW.

Now the Minor issue is myMPD app:
1. I set Homescreen's home icon which is disappear after reboot
2. myMPD auto generated "Smart playlist" always shown even I disable auto-gen function before.

Thanks kith
(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I fresh install 1.2.6 and install 1.2.7 FW successfully. Before fresh install, there no shows "pulse audio" bar in 1.2.7 FW.
So MPD is working for you now?

(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]Now the Minor issue is myMPD app:
1. I set Homescreen's home icon which is disappear after reboot
Don't understand what you're saying :p, can you rephrase your problem in another way?

(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]2. myMPD auto generated "Smart playlist" always shown even I disable auto-gen function before.
Newer versions of myMPD changed the way it's configured (no longer relying on a config file now). I'll get back to you on how to manually disable this from the CLI later today (yet to try but this should be possible). I also hate smart lists. Big Grin
for me 1.2.7 did not work. i am using upmpdcli. after i reverted back to 1.2.5, everything works perfectly as always... hope this feedback helps somehow...
(14-Sep-2022, 04:28 AM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]for me 1.2.7 did not work. i am using upmpdcli. after i reverted back to 1.2.5, everything works perfectly as always... hope this feedback helps somehow...
Upgrading to latest version of Ubuntu should make it work again. There is this library (a software package) called glibc, and newer versions of this will not run on older systems.

This is kind of the reason why Snakeoil has moved away from ISO and go with an installer for new installs. Because software keeps changing and it's difficult and time consuming to make the player work on both new and old operating systems.

You can update your Snakeoil PC by running: sudo do-release-upgrade

And follow the prompts. (Best to research on the Internet for full instructions if this is something you havn't done before)
Pages: 1 2 3