[SOLVED] Ongoing status updates with new UI for Gear Isolation
(18-Nov-2021, 06:27 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(17-Nov-2021, 09:02 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: The dashboard in portrait has the lozenges, while in landscape they are large bars across the screen. 
I'm not sure I get you, can you explain further?

I call the buttons lozenges, but today the dashboard looks different in portrait view. The snake oil tweaks page has lost its HTML form. In Music Player the blue bars replace the "lozenge" 
[Image: IMG-3208.png]
[Image: IMG-3205.png]

[Image: IMG-3206.png]

[Image: IMG-3207-2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes patricia1066's post:
  • agent_kith

Was busy with other stuffs.. And how time flies! Hopefully will be back on working on the WebGUI later this week.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

After weeks of experimenting, took a step back for a couple days to clear the head... Here is the updated (but incomplete) look for music players.

[Image: Music-Player-Mk-2.jpg]

Code is also simplified a lot with this change. Only issue is on very small screen (and only in portrait mode), configuring the player is still problematic (have to constantly move the screen up and down)... Still trying to figure out a way, but I think I have an idea.

The player can will also be swapped to basic mode, where you can only select LMS+Squeezelite and latest version MPD. That should be the primary starting ground for most new players, and will also be the default pane shown.. Snakeoil OS will remember the basic/advanced mode though so when you re-enter this page again you don't have to flip between.
[-] The following 3 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066, labo, Snoopy8

The music player revamp x2 is still not quite ready yet. Hopefully will be in the next couple of days.Can almost feel light at the end of the tunnel now.

Hit up https://demo.snakeoil-os.net for a preview of the updates done so far. It's not quite finished yet as I am still thinking of ways to make basic mode easier to manage 'programatically' down the road (i.e. better extensibility).

Under the hood the mechanisms to start the players remains the same, the WebApp will simply "package" and "present" the views (expert vs basic) differently.

With this basic mode I guess I can do award with the wizard for the next release.

Note: there's still things to be done. E.g. browse isn't completely finished, so is music player. So this is still just a preview.

Hope you guys have a great Christmas yesterday.. Really wanted to continue to finish the WebApp yesterday and today, but it's bloody hot in Perth right now and I have no air conditioning in my work area to cool things down.. It's hot as!!! Will do what I can, but I can already feel my head overheating in this weather Confused Confused.

OMG it's so hot today! [Image: dead.gif]

Happy new year everybody!

Doing the final touches for alpha 2 at the moment. A week of my break just flew by. The week was so hot it's pretty hard to get any things done to be honest.

It was so hot my Pi 4 is strangely overheating and I can't diagnose what the problem is just yet. Have added lots of cooling but it's still not working well.. That is slowly the auto-building process. Weather is cooling down now, hopefully it'll finally behave.

But progress was made, have a check in demo.snakeoil-os.net and check out the basic mode in player setup.

Hopefully I can release an update soon that you can run in your own setup.
[-] The following 2 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • hkphantomgtr, Bromf

We commiserate .... across the ditch here we generally have cooler times and a temperate climate so today when the thermometer hit 32.5 C we near perished...!!  no aircon in this house so unless we go riding in the car ...lol

(02-Jan-2022, 04:31 PM)Bromf Wrote: We commiserate .... across the ditch here we generally have cooler times and a temperate climate so today when the thermometer hit 32.5 C we near perished...!!  no aircon in this house so unless we go riding in the car ...lol
3-4 straight days of 45+ during the Christmas week (last week). We went to a local part over the weekend, it's strange to explain, but when we went out, it almost felt like our bodies had forgotten how to walk Blush .. Energy levels were so low, it's surreal.

Hopefully the extra fan cooling and ventilation added last week to the development gear will help keep things running.. Things I leant over the past week - hole saws (54 mm) are pretty darn expensive!

Quote:3-4 straight days of 45+ during the Christmas week
Sheesh that's hotter than a hot thing!!  Hope you have invested in a solar oven...

Quote:hole saws (54 mm) are pretty darn expensive!
which is why I buy them whenever I find them at yard sales for peanuts no matter the size....as someday I know I'll need one and the store price keeps going up and up.