Help  Search  Portal
 Portal  Search
Hello There, Mystery Audiophile!  Register  Login

Thinclient install working just great !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Had a few hiccoughs trying Snakeoil on older hardware and most recently an Hp 5740 thinclient. Either they would boot fine but have no connectivity or would connect to a network on the live cd but fail to boot once installed.
Agent Kith has been most patient and helpful with diagnostics and advice. Thanks !!

I managed to install on an older desktop and laptop using the beta with Broadcom networking.0.1.5-Pre-Release-20161216
Unfortunately my ideal machine, the Hp 5740 thinclient (low resource, flash, and quiet !!), had a very problematic network chip and failed to connect..

Then while perusing an auction site I found a current HP t520 Thinclient advertised at a bargain price.....4GB Memory, 16 GB flash, dual core AMD64 at less than a tenth new retail... Cool

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/thin-clients/t520.html

It has just arrived and despite my expectations (that it would be well used and missing a power brick) it looks brand spanking new, with power brick and even a Linux  os pre-installed !!.

Tested it with a Snakeoil live cd and it connects ! (realtek RA8111 chip)
Installed Snakeoil and boots just wonderfully !! 

Sounds amazing !!  (Using X20 xmos to Sabre ESS9018(k2) Dac.)

Very very happy... Smile
Thanks to Agent Kith for such a wonderful os and fantastic support.

Bob.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • agent_kith

SnakeoilOS Mission
[-]

Our mission is to create a free to use computer OS that is easy to install, intuitive to operate and play music that will connect and engage with you emotionally.

SnakeoilOS gives you the freedom to spend more time on listening, enjoying and exploring music. Wasting time on computers is now a thing of the past! Everything is constantly evolving/improving. Please check back often for updates.

If you like this project, do show your support with a small token donation. All donations collected will be used to run this website, and for purchasing new equipment for the project.

Latest Threads
[-]
Advertising
[-]