Announcing Snakeoil Measurements 1.3.0
(22-Jan-2024, 04:25 PM)Bromf Wrote: Hope the break was refreshing and you are more relaxed about the coming year...
Let's see how refreshed and relaxed I'm going to be on the 26th day of January...

After this post I'm going to fire up my work virtual machines to address some new issues introduced to my software with an updated library. The brief is I'm going to be fed data at a rate of 1 sample per second. That has been unilaterally changed to > 20 samples per second, without me knowing about the change. Also there's no point in getting updates 20 times per second because my software is never going to need that granularity.

I think that's going to take up the next 3 days which is really the long weekend I'm hoping for to dedicate some time into the Snakeoil Project.

Constantly needing to find out where to goal posts are... That's me, for the past few months. :/ I mean, I can cop that, if the brief is I'm getting data every second, I better make sure I only process 1 every second and toss everything else. No longer can I trust people up stream to do what they claim to do... I will make sure I am doing what I'm told to do... 

Anyway, I'm really hoping to release 1.3.1 with all the things I promised for that build.. However this day job takes precedence... 

Is this going to be a happy new year? I don't know, put it this way my resting heartrate yesterday apparently is 120 bpm.  wacky
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Valery

(26-Jan-2024, 10:39 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(22-Jan-2024, 04:25 PM)Bromf Wrote: Hope the break was refreshing and you are more relaxed about the coming year...
Let's see how refreshed and relaxed I'm going to be on the 26th day of January...

After this post I'm going to fire up my work virtual machines to address some new issues introduced to my software with an updated library. The brief is I'm going to be fed data at a rate of 1 sample per second. That has been unilaterally changed to > 20 samples per second, without me knowing about the change. Also there's no point in getting updates 20 times per second because my software is never going to need that granularity.

I think that's going to take up the next 3 days which is really the long weekend I'm hoping for to dedicate some time into the Snakeoil Project.

Constantly needing to find out where to goal posts are... That's me, for the past few months. :/ I mean, I can cop that, if the brief is I'm getting data every second, I better make sure I only process 1 every second and toss everything else. No longer can I trust people up stream to do what they claim to do... I will make sure I am doing what I'm told to do... 

Anyway, I'm really hoping to release 1.3.1 with all the things I promised for that build.. However this day job takes precedence... 

Is this going to be a happy new year? I don't know, put it this way my resting heartrate yesterday apparently is 120 bpm.  wacky

I'm afraid that 120bmp is not a good sign, sir.  Please have a look, get more rest, and Take care. Shy

Hiya AK... any thoughts on why several of us cannot get latest SO to open any remote player windows ??
(see back this thread for posts and debugging)

Cheers, bob.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • jd19

Ok ... so I picked up a Topping E30 Lite dac.   I can confirm it works with snake oil  running ubuntu 22.04    But It does not work and  I still  do not see an active player in 20.04 configured with USB or otherwise.  Using either  squeezelite 1.8  or Squeezelite (ralph) 

SO the issue persists,  I just managed a workaround using a USB Dac.  

Hope everyone is OK

Tim

(28-Jan-2024, 02:33 PM)Bromf Wrote: Hiya AK... any thoughts on why several of us cannot get latest SO to open any remote player windows ??

Cheers, bob.

Hi Bob, can you go to LMS site: https://lms-community.github.io/lms-server-repository/

And download the latest 8.3.2 nightly. Drop the deb file into the install box within Snakeoil WebApp, does LMS start properly now?

And check if Squeezelite works with that? Long story short 8.3.1 no longer works with newer distros (both Debian or Ubuntu).

I've did this a couple weeks ago and it works so future versions of 8.3.2 will work also.. 1.3.1 will allow you uninstall/install LMS easily to pull the latest version of LMS. Unfortunately still a WIP as I didn't have time to finish it.. Right now my day job is giving me the shits (every day it feels like 1 step forward, 3 steps back).. I'm still going to persist until June, after which I'm kind of afraid all this hard work wouldn't matter any more. :/
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Dear AK,

In accordance with the instructions, I have reinstalled the LMS server version 8.3.2, which is now operational. Verified in the terminal (service is started). I am also facing another issue. When clicking on the LMS Web link, the client does not start. Instead, it redirects to the home page of Snake Oil. So, I am unable to configure settings.

Also, when I hover over the icon, an error message appears in a tooltip (see the attached image).

Best regards

Aleksandar

[Image: pic-01.png]

(04-Feb-2024, 01:56 AM)TripleX Wrote: Dear AK,

In accordance with the instructions, I have reinstalled the LMS server version 8.3.2, which is now operational. Verified in the terminal (service is started). I am also facing another issue. When clicking on the LMS Web link, the client does not start. Instead, it redirects to the home page of Snake Oil. So, I am unable to configure settings.

Also, when I hover over the icon, an error message appears in a tooltip (see the attached image).

Best regards

Aleksandar

[Image: pic-01.png]

Hi Guys ,,,,   I've been running the current LMS on both my Snake oil servers throughout all these tests ....
[Image: Screenshot-03-Feb-15-28-09-30477.png]

free image hosting sites

(14-Jan-2024, 03:44 PM)Bromf Wrote: So another who has no remotes able to be started ....this is a bug.

hi everyone, same issue here on NUC11i3 w/ ubuntu server 22.04.03 LTS and the latest SO
exactly same story, same case

mpd+upmpdcli+minimserver / yaMPC

if helps to trace the bug or tweak, the error showed up on Safari after clicking on "Remote" it opens new tab:
can't open the page https://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:4343 because Safari can't connect to server xxx.xxx.x.xxx
(https?)

(03-Feb-2024, 01:10 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(28-Jan-2024, 02:33 PM)Bromf Wrote: Hiya AK... any thoughts on why several of us cannot get latest SO to open any remote player windows ??

Cheers, bob.

Hi Bob, can you go to LMS site: https://lms-community.github.io/lms-server-repository/

And download the latest 8.3.2 nightly. Drop the deb file into the install box within Snakeoil WebApp, does LMS start properly now?

And check if Squeezelite works with that? Long story short 8.3.1 no longer works with newer distros (both Debian or Ubuntu).

I've did this a couple weeks ago and it works so future versions of 8.3.2 will work also.. 1.3.1 will allow you uninstall/install LMS easily to pull the latest version of LMS. Unfortunately still a WIP as I didn't have time to finish it.. Right now my day job is giving me the shits (every day it feels like 1 step forward, 3 steps back).. I'm still going to persist until June, after which I'm kind of afraid all this hard work wouldn't matter any more. :/
8.3.2 was already installed and when the remote is clicked it just throws back to S/O dashboard and does not open the player.
Just tried 8.4.0 development and same result.
MPD has the remote unavailable to be started.

Seems this affects some hardwares, X86/amd64 but not some Intel NUC's.
Possibly the remote is not started as the page is not called and so defaults to S/O dashboard page...something odd in addressing ? networking hardware ?

(05-Feb-2024, 10:18 AM)Bromf Wrote: 8.3.2 was already installed and when the remote is clicked it just throws back to S/O dashboard and does not open the player.
Just tried 8.4.0 development and same result.
You need to add ":9000" to the address to get to the settings.

Bug that I reported earlier...