Integrate Xiaomi Gateway Into Home Assistant
Using IFTTT and Voice Control to control lights isn’t as effective as initially anticipated - Google Home kept mis-interpreting what I said and go off some wild tangents. An easier way is to use the XiaoMi Gateway (Zigbee) and wireless switches.
This tutorial will show you how to register your Gateway into your Home Assistant, and then show you some simple automation examples with the XiaoMi Zigbee devices, like:
- Use a XiaoMi switch to turn on/off a Yeelight
- Use a XiaoMi switch and Gateway as a door bell
- Use a XiaoMi switch to turn on/off a XiaoMi smart plug
This tutorial is based on the standard documentation for XiaoMi Gateway.
Comment from: Diogo Visitor
in point 5, with version 2.66.2, I needed to press 5 times, or more, not in the blank area above the version, at the bottom of the screen
Thanks. Have updated the article.
Comment from: Juan Visitor
I dont understand step 2. How can i do this step?
Hi Juan, which step 2 are you referring to? Can you tell me the page # of the article you’re having problems with?
Comment from: MALCOLM Visitor
Hi I cant find the password field in the latest version of the gateway 3.3.10_117 there is now a security PIN password General Settings > Security. Is this the same value?? Mac address and IP details can now also be viewed in a different menu General Settings > Network Info
No. The process has changed slightly, but it’s the same logic.
- Go into the Mi Home App
- Go into Xiaomi Gateway
- Tap on the … at the top right corner
- Tap "About"
- At the bottom, you should see "Plug-in versin: xxx.xxx.xx"
- Tap that repeatedly and two more options will pop up
- Type "Wireless communication protocol"
- Turn "Wireless communication protocol" on
- That password you see below is your API key (Everything after "Passwrd:"