Raspberry Pi 4 looks interesting.
(07-Feb-2020, 02:02 PM)Bromf Wrote: Yes!....will try now and report Wink
No, won't boot a Pi3B+ Sad

Is there a link for a Pi3 image ?
It'll be the same file... Looks like I have to find my Pi3 and troubleshoot. Oh well.. Smile
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

Some screenshots of the latest MyMpd...

That Dark theme...!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • agent_kith

Second ArgonOne case arrived. This is for my development Pi4 unit.

Old case temp was 55 degrees sitting in the cabinet. Currently in the new Argon case, it's 46 degrees... Temperature in Perth today? Around 40 degrees, so all up it's a solid upgrade.

Got the pi4 up and running with Snakeoil Cool Unfortunately, I can't get Bubbleupnp to work with upmpdcli, using Tidal anyway. Keeps asking for login credentials. Local music works fine though.

I did tons of reading about login through upmpdcli config and edited that appropriately with no success. Mconnect does work through upmpdcli without problems but the sound is a bit muddy for my taste.

Another problem I ran into is the inability to switch from upmpdcli to any version of MPD. I used to be able (and still can on pi3) to connect to upmpdcli and then switch to MPD (any version .20 and above) and it would work. Now when I select MPD the server disappears from my streaming apps on my phone. Must be a Buster thing?

It's a shame because my favorite listening was through MPD .20 with libsamplerate upsampling and that is no longer available to me on pi4 unless I have local storage attached or a NAS.

I still have the pi3 hooked up and it still sounds great with the digione and the Snakeoil version of MPD but I also have a pi4 with my new digione signature and I'm dying to try it with Snakeoil and MPD but as mentioned earlier my options are limited to say the least, although LMS does sound pretty darn good.

Anyway, just figured I'd share my thoughts and I will continue to try to troubleshoot when I get time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mkysimes's post:
  • agent_kith

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into this once I have finished the general housekeeping stuffs for Snakeoil... As we speak everything is still in a mess. Big Grin Sad

Edit:
Also, I'm assuming you are already on 1.1.8 firmware for the Pi 4, and not on the old 1.1.0 firmware?

(20-Feb-2020, 10:42 AM)agent_kith Wrote: Also, I'm assuming you are already on 1.1.8 firmware for the Pi 4, and not on the old 1.1.0 firmware?

Currently on 1.1.7 but tried 1.1.8 first with same results on both. Thanks for looking into it. Take your time as I have very little time to listen to it anyway Sad I can still get my fix with the pi3....lol

With the Argon ONE case - I cut up the thermal pad to fit the die of the CPU and RAM when I first installed this case. The idle temperature of the CPU stands at 45 to 47 degrees idle.

I had to take apart the Pi yesterday for some troubleshooting, and in so doing, I haphazardly fold the thermal pad over to make it "thicker". In so doing I discovered the idle temp is now 39 degrees. So that's a pretty significant drop. Results will probably improve further with CPU thermal paste. Something to ponder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • mkysimes

(05-Mar-2020, 11:07 AM)agent_kith Wrote: With the Argon ONE case - I cut up the thermal pad to fit the die of the CPU and RAM when I first installed this case. The idle temperature of the CPU stands at 45 to 47 degrees idle.

I had to take apart the Pi yesterday for some troubleshooting, and in so doing, I haphazardly fold the thermal pad over to make it "thicker". In so doing I discovered the idle temp is now 39 degrees. So that's a pretty significant drop. Results will probably improve further with CPU thermal paste. Something to ponder.

That's a great discovery! I love it when haphazard mistakes turn to gold! One of life's little gifts Smile

(05-Mar-2020, 11:07 AM)agent_kith Wrote: With the Argon ONE case - I cut up the thermal pad to fit the die of the CPU and RAM when I first installed this case. The idle temperature of the CPU stands at 45 to 47 degrees idle.

What is the ambient ?  

I didn't bother cutting to size....used the whole pad for each.  Ambient 20C,   3 hrs playing music, cpu 35C set for on-demand and then 39C set for performance.

(06-Mar-2020, 07:37 AM)Bromf Wrote: What is the ambient ?  

I didn't bother cutting to size....used the whole pad for each.  Ambient 20C,   3 hrs playing music, cpu 35C set for on-demand and then 39C set for performance.
It's in an enclosed area with poor ventilation.. So..... About 35 degrees :p