Snakeoil Firmware - 1.2.3 (Gear Isolation U3)
Introduction
This is just a quite update to fix some outstanding issues discovered in U2. And to add some finishing touches and details. Work on kernel builder will start officially so there's unlikely going to be any further updates for a while.

Known Issues
  1. Music players have changed drastically. If you are using upmpdcli currently, you'll need to add an additional player MPD and configure it.
  2. Wiki is not updated yet to this new UI. This will be a work in progress
  3. There are some components here and there that says "Coming soon".. These are features that will be added eventually.
  4. U2 is a major WebApp rewrite. Almost all elements under the hood have changed. However your browser may still be using old cached objects in this new object, causing lots of display quirks. To work around this, do a force refresh of the browser (usually it's CTRL+SHIFT+R).
  5. More to come.

Download Links
Changelog
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 4 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • patricia1066, nappyhead, hkphantomgtr, Bromf

Update checking on Dashboard does not appear to be working?

(19-Feb-2022, 05:45 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Update checking on Dashboard does not appear to be working?

I'll double check soonish. Would be a bummer if that's confirmed Big Grin, meaning folks may not be notified of new updates until they check back here manually. Blush Blush Unsure if there's a workaround, will have to experiment and try this out later.

Thanks for the new firmware, great work.
I noticed that JRiver 28 support was added, so I decided to check if it works.
So I reverted to the SnakeOil 1.2.0 snapshot in Vmware;
  • Updated Ubuntu
  • Installed the 1.2.3 firmware
  • Installed JRiver 28.103 (+ sudo apt --fix-broken install, sudo apt-get autoremove, sudo apt-get autoclean, sudo apt-get clean)
JRiver showed up in the Available Music Software list:
  • I selected it and press Save and get an OK.
  • JRiver shows up in the Software list, but the status will not get green.
  • I waited 10 min and then tried to reboot several times but no luck Sad
So I installed the jriver28-1.2 module and after an reboot JRiver status is green Smile
Does the jriver28-1.2 module install anything else than the fixes in build #95 (Include JRiver 28 in build), or is this a new bug? Think

(20-Feb-2022, 09:55 PM)Primare11 Wrote: So I installed the jriver28-1.2 module and after an reboot JRiver status is green Smile
Does the jriver28-1.2 module install anything else than the fixes in build #95 (Include JRiver 28 in build), or is this a new bug? Think
Aw crap. Potentially a new bug. I'm in the midst of moving the code around when releasing this U3 (basically combining 3 separate development entities into a single big one), that could have broken something. I'll have a look into this later and see if I can fix it.

(21-Feb-2022, 07:16 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(20-Feb-2022, 09:55 PM)Primare11 Wrote: So I installed the jriver28-1.2 module and after an reboot JRiver status is green Smile
Aw crap. Potentially a new bug. I'm in the midst of moving the code around when releasing this U3 (basically combining 3 separate development entities into a single big one), that could have broken something. I'll have a look into this later and see if I can fix it.
Thanks, I have a workaround for now, so take the time you need.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Primare11's post:
  • agent_kith

(19-Feb-2022, 05:45 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Update checking on Dashboard does not appear to be working?
Luckily this can be fixed on my end. Whew Think this only affects users on U2, but now they will also get notification of U3.

Going to make some changes and improve on this. Previously beta and official builds are notified via different channels. I'm going to consolidate that into one instead.

(25-Feb-2022, 07:04 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
Luckily this can be fixed on my end. Whew Think this only affects users on U2, but now they will also get notification of U3.

Going to make some changes and improve on this. Previously beta and official builds are notified via different channels. I'm going to consolidate that into one instead.

Confirmed it is working in U2.

I normally use my Win laptop to update but this time, used Android phone. All working Thumbs Up

The Dashboard U2 showed that U3 was available and linked to this page. x86_64.1.2.3.fw using a linux laptop to manage the upgrade

It is hanging on processing... message. If I refresh it restarts and is still on U2. Still waiting on the 2nd attempt.