For better or worse, it seems D+M have moved away from the Audyssey Pro Kit and is moving towards a more generic solution to Audyssey tweaking. This is their latest creation, the Audyssey MultEQ Editor. Available on Android and iOS.
At AUD$30.99 it’s one of the more expensive Android Apps out there. And it’s features are:
This app will allow you to:
- View the speaker detection results, to check correct installation
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems.
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes
- Adjust the overall EQ frequency roll off for each channel pair
- Switch between 2 high frequency roll off target curves
- Enable/Disable midrange compensation to make the sound brighter or smoother
- Save and load calibration results
At time of writing, this app has a rating of 2.8 on Google Play (Based on 175 reviews). There are 59 1 star reviews. Should you get this APP given the price and the reviews? Read on to find my take.
Comment from: Andy Visitor
The hints how to copy and rename curves helped me a lot. Unfortunately the app is often not self-explanatory. Many thanks for your work.