Announcing Snakeoil Measurements 1.3.0
Well..never had this insurmountable problem...tried uploading the latest fw to no avail.
Added 'alsa-utils' to no avail.
Everything appears fine...can ping the NAS and it is reported as configured by SO.
Can select any or all devices and get confirmation from SO but none play as the 'remote' fails every time...weird.

Cleared caches in SO and browser, rebooted several times, 'alsamixer' and 'aplay -l' show devices ok
Just appears that SO can't connect to the web-app/tab that allows the 'remote' controller.

Does SO work with Ubuntu Server still or do we need to start with a full Ubuntu Desktop install ?

bob@mamba:~$ sudo apt install mympd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mympd

Hmmm... looking at 'top' and mympd is not running. Is it not an installed item ?

(30-Dec-2023, 12:52 PM)Bromf Wrote: Does SO work with Ubuntu Server still or do we need to start with a full Ubuntu Desktop install ?

bob@mamba:~$ sudo apt install mympd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package mympd

Hmmm... looking at 'top' and mympd is not running. Is it not an installed item ?
Am using Ubuntu Server 22.04.3 LTS.  I think for X86, AK defaults to no mympd installed? 

p/s too late now, but in future, suggest using Clonezilla to backup SO instance.  That has saved me from many blushes...

Hmm so no mympd and no mpd and no LMS and no squeezlite... not much of a cheese shop lol :-)

This is a new install no backup needed. I thought to try with Ubuntu server 23.10 but see that the latest SO firmware is for Jammy .
Firefox??  at a complete loss for other things to try...and maybe this reflects other 'new user' experiences so this is why I am reporting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • Snoopy8

(27-Dec-2023, 02:03 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: That's why I've suggested AK to make endpoint possible to SO, esp while using MPD.
It's possible to use MPD as an endpoint, via upmpdcli. So you can have your music elsewhere, don't even need to mount your music as a share on your playback computer. And the MPD player should show up as a player in your network, and you can queue songs to it.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(30-Dec-2023, 12:52 PM)Bromf Wrote: Well..never had this insurmountable problem...tried uploading the latest fw to no avail.
Added 'alsa-utils' to no avail.
Everything appears fine...can ping the NAS and it is reported as configured by SO.
Check if you have pulse-audio enabled. Disable that and see if things are working again. Otherwise I might need to do a team viewer session into your CAS and find out what's happening.

(30-Dec-2023, 02:09 PM)Bromf Wrote: Hmm so no mympd and no mpd and no LMS and no squeezlite... not much of a cheese shop lol :-)

This is a new install no backup needed. I thought to try with Ubuntu server 23.10 but see that the latest SO firmware is for Jammy .
Firefox??  at a complete loss for other things to try...and maybe this reflects other 'new user' experiences so this is why I am reporting.
Just had a check at your diagnostic file. Everything looks good, no pulse audio is installed so everything should be working native.

Configuration also looks good. Can you SSH to your computer, and run "sudo alsactl", pick your p80i output and ensure the volumes are all maxed out?

Also, what do you mean no MPD, no LMS and no squeezelite. As in the players are not there, or you're not getting sound out of them?

(31-Dec-2023, 08:02 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(27-Dec-2023, 02:03 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: That's why I've suggested AK to make endpoint possible to SO, esp while using MPD.
It's possible to use MPD as an endpoint, via upmpdcli. So you can have your music elsewhere, don't even need to mount your music as a share on your playback computer. And the MPD player should show up as a player in your network, and you can queue songs to it.

Thanks, AK.  I'm afraid to say that, i mean, using mpd or SO as server to process data (esp after adding convolution filter), and then get an endpoint for that mpd server.  Together with the data buffer inside endpoint, theoretically there is a lot of advantage for CAS quality and c/p radio.

Well, just a hypothesis, a non evidence based wild guess only.  Please take your time.

Happy New Year, AK!

May I hope in next update SO can make Raspberry Pi to choose kernel?  Thanks s lot!

(01-Jan-2024, 12:44 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: May I hope in next update SO can make Raspberry Pi to choose kernel?  Thanks s lot!
Will do what I can. 10 days just flew past before I knew it. Sad

Kernel is a possibility.. But looks like Camilla DSP WebApp support will have to be pushed back to 1.3.2.

(01-Jan-2024, 12:55 PM)agent_kith Wrote:
(01-Jan-2024, 12:44 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: May I hope in next update SO can make Raspberry Pi to choose kernel?  Thanks s lot!
Will do what I can. 10 days just flew past before I knew it. Sad

Kernel is a possibility.. But looks like Camilla DSP WebApp support will have to be pushed back to 1.3.2.

Thanks a lot, AK.  In my understanding, it needs the kernel file ended with "raspi", but not "realtime".   But I can't follow the rest of steps to make Pi boot that realtime kernel.