Announcing Snakeoil Measurements 1.3.0
Had a big hunt through the workshop and finally found an Intel based CoreI3 laptop and currently loading ubuntu server then will try latest SO and test. :-)

Edit...Nope...same old as before...no players available. Devices and NAS are all configured working but the Remotes for MPD and LMS do not work.
This is a failure in the network/player/configuration.
SO is not calling the correct address for these players so their windows do not open for use.

Tried AMD, Intel Hardware. Tried Base Ubuntu Server 20.04 Legacy, 22.04,23.10.

SO user since 2016 so I have a fair knowledge of the underlying software settings but this stumps me big time.

Just to be certain of other outside conditions I tried Chromium and Firefox browsers...same result.

This is a bug when player pages are called..maybe permissions, maybe networking address, maybe network hardware ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bromf's post:
  • Snoopy8

Thanks. I am using Intel NUC i3 10th with 8 Gb (dual boot with Win11 - Each system is located on its physically separate disk - SSD Ubuntu, M.2 - Win11). 

Both command work (aplay -l and sudo aplay -l) and return the same result:

***** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices *****
card 1: x20 [xCORE USB AUDIO 2.0], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Unfortunately, SSH access is not allowed even though it's enabled in the SO (OpenSSH server is active). Everything I do, I have to do it with terminal access (connected keyboard and monitor). 

I managed to play music using the MPD player (even though the SO indicates no remote access), with certain issues. M.A.L.P. doesn't recognize the player every time it's turned on, so I have to restart the SO (sometimes multiple times). Sometime, everything seems okay. On other hand, sometimes I can select a song I want to play, M.A.L.P. shows the graphics, selects the song, but playback doesn't start (restarting the SO solves the problem). The connection to the NAS occasionally drops. I am just reconnect using the previously entered parameters (I don't change anything, just click 'save'). Using Windows CFIS.

LMS is not working at all. No remote access. It doesn't recognize the player (which somehow works with MPD, and the SO can detect it).

I hope my literal descriptions help in understanding the issues.
[-] The following 2 users Like TripleX's post:
  • Bromf, Snoopy8

Perhaps then a network oddity...just a thought, I am using a Fritzbox  router/mesh.  By any chance are you ?

That's what I thought too. With the previous version (SO 1.2.6), everything worked without any issues. I haven't made any changes to the infrastructure. Everything is hardwired, except for the phone that serves as a remote.

But that doesn't explain why I can't access the LMS server from SO (when clicking on the wireless icon), it just redirects me to the DASH board page.

My provider uses ZTE equipment.

As far as I can see, there is also version 1.3.1, which is not pulled during the described installation process.

On the official website, currently the latest version is logitechmediaserver_8.3.1_amd64.deb

(08-Jan-2024, 02:54 AM)Bromf Wrote: Perhaps then a network oddity...just a thought, I am using a Fritzbox  router/mesh.  By any chance are you ?

FWIW, so am I!

Just to explore the library networking error possibility I formatted a USB thumbdrive NTFS, added some albums and plugged it in to my SO box.
It was found and added to the library but still no option to start any player or view the library.

How many of you have simply upgraded an existing install vs a new full install ?

Just tried to install other players...QMMP installs but not available in the player page. Deadbeef is not found in the repos. Clementine installs and is selectable as a player but has the "Flashing Red X" and no remote.

(08-Jan-2024, 06:36 AM)Bromf Wrote: How many of you have simply upgraded an existing install vs a new full install ?
I did a new full install on my Intel NUC using Ubuntu Server 22.04.3 and also an upgrade from SO 1.2 running 22.04.1.

This is indeed a strange problem.

Hmmm..
looking in /usr/local/bin find mympd does not exist.

Code:
bob@mamba:/usr/local/bin$ ls
aconnect     amixer       axfer                  nhlt-dmic-info
alsabat      aplay        bubbleupnp_remote.sh   sfconvert
alsaloop     aplaymidi    iecset                 sfinfo
alsamixer    arecord      metaflac               snakeoil-server.sh
alsatplg     arecordmidi  minimserver_remote.sh  sndfile-resample
alsaucm      aseqdump     mmc-tool               speaker-test
alsa_unmute  aseqnet      mpd_remote.sh
amidi        aserver      new_issue
When I try to install mympd I get this error..

Code:
Hit:1 http://nz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu mantic InRelease
Hit:2 http://nz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu mantic-updates InRelease
Hit:3 http://nz.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu mantic-backports InRelease
Hit:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu mantic-security InRelease
Hit:5 https://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/forkotov02/ppa/ubuntu mantic InRelease
Reading package lists...
Changing software configuration...
*** Name: ntnod Mode: Installing ***
bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
fatal: The user `mympd' already exists.
/usr/local/bin/mpd_remote.sh: line 47: mympd: command not found
tee: /var/lib/mympd/config/http_port: No such file or directory
tee: /var/lib/mympd/config/ssl_port: No such file or directory

Install has finished, please click the close button below to exit.

Seems to be a merry-go-round.... mympd doesn't exist but cant be installed because it exists...lol
Code:
bob@mamba:~$ mympd
mympd: command not found
bob@mamba:~$ sudo mympd
sudo: mympd: command not found
bob@mamba:~$

line 47 in /usr/local/bin/mpd_remote.sh
Code:
mympd -c

(08-Jan-2024, 04:19 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(08-Jan-2024, 06:36 AM)Bromf Wrote: How many of you have simply upgraded an existing install vs a new full install ?
I did a new full install on my Intel NUC using Ubuntu Server 22.04.3 and also an upgrade from SO 1.2 running 22.04.1.

This is indeed a strange problem.

I've done both, and am currently trying to get SO/RTS to work with my Allo Digione Signature on an RPi 3. A different HAT is working fine on another RPi 3 with an upgraded install, as is an Allo Boss on a new install on an RPi 4 - both SO/RTS. The RPi 5 is working well with a new RPi OS install and LMS 8.3.x. 

Things that I'd hope would be OK aren't (RPi 3 and Digione Signature), while things that shouldn't be reliable (LMS 8.3.x (and previously 8.4.x)) are. Hmm.

Hi everyone, I'm about to try a new fresh SO install on a new drive. I haven't upgraded since 1.1.11 with ubuntu 16!!!

I was wondering why everyone is using ubuntu Server 22.04.3 LTS instead of 23.1?